Osteoporosis is a global disease and estimated to affect 200 million people globally, while 55% of people older than 50 are at an increased risk for fracture due to low bone mass.1 The truth is, regardless of age, everyone needs to keep their bones healthy. Children continue to build bone mass as they grow but bone mineral density actually peaks between the ages of 20 and 30. Up to age 30, the body makes new bone faster than it breaks down old bone, so bone mass increases.2 After that, more bone is actually lost than formed, as healthy bone formation slows down. Bone density therefore decreases and the existing bones weaken and become more susceptible to fracture.3
The importance of bone health can’t be overstated. Imagine a house with all the wiring, plumbing, lighting, heating, air conditioning and so on. When one small thing goes wrong, it can cost a small fortune to fix. But if the overall foundation and structure of the house stays intact, you have something to work with. If the structure of the house collapses, every thing else goes with it. The human body is similar to that house. We need all our systems working smoothly in order to enjoy Active Wellness. If we have poor digestion or a faulty circulatory system, we get sick and can’t function properly. When our skeletal system is brittle and weak, the risk is high for bone fractures, osteoporosis and eventually, we become bent over or may not even be able to walk or stand. Simply and irreversibly, we depend on our bones to stand strong.
Scientists have known for years that the key to building and maintaining strong bones is calcium. The USDA recommends 1000 mg per day of calcium for both men and women ages 19-50.4 People who consume a diet low in key bone-building nutrients, particularly women older than 30, teenagers and the elderly, are especially at risk for osteoporosis.
Studies show that taking calcium supplements may not be enough for optimum bone health, because the body finds calcium difficult to absorb. Less than 20% of the calcium we take in through food or supplements gets absorbed through the body’s digestive system.5 If it’s not absorbed and utilized, it can’t do its job of strengthening and building our bones.
Bone health becomes more challenging and critical as we grow older and life spans lengthen. That’s why Nikken developed bone buddies for the Kenzen® Bone Health Pack! We’re moving forward as research provides new developments in the science of maintaining healthy bones. The Kenzen® Bone Health Pack addresses the body’s need for absorbable calcium with partner products. Here’s how:
• Kenzen® Calcium Complex is formulated with TruCal®, naturally sourced calcium, because it is easier to absorb than elemental calcium. Key minerals are added into the formulation to further enhance absorption and mineral retention.* The combination of minerals actually mirrors the ratio of minerals found naturally in bone structure.
• Kenzen BDZ™ is the partner product to Kenzen® Calcium Complex. Formulated specifically to help the body absorb calcium, Kenzen BDZ™ is made with three patented blends.
- Aquamin® contains naturally sourced marine algae from the pristine waters of Iceland. In addition to algae, Aquamin® contains 72 trace minerals that are essential to life and critical biochemical pathways. Research shows the blend helps to preserve bone structure and strength, helps to prevent loss of bone mineral density, helps the mineralization and maturation of bone cells, and helps to reduce stiffness from osteoarthritis.*
- MenaQ7® is the only clinically validated, patented vitamin K2 with long-chain menaquinones. Long-chain refers to naturally-derived vitamin K2. The role of MenaQ7 is to help bind calcium to the bone matrix to help build healthy bones.* More readily absorbed because it’s natural, it also has a longer half-life, allowing it to remain longer in the body.
- ParActin® is an innovation of world-renowned field researcher and scientific investigator Dr. Juan Hancke. His recently published study on 103 subjects with osteoarthritis showed reduction in pain, stiffness and fatigue while helping to improve physical function and Quality of Life scores with consistent intake of patented ParActin.*
• Kenzen BDZ™ also contains two single ingredients from the Ayurvedic tradition:
- CurcuCare™ curcumin has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and antioxidant effects.* Extracted from the turmeric rhizomes without the use of solvents, it maintains its native form, leading to higher circulating levels that stay in the system longer.
- Boswellia serrata has been shown in scientific studies to help reduce inflammation and the effects of osteoarthritis.*
Bone buddies—partner products pioneered by Nikken—are your best friends for life.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The Kenzen® Bone Health Pack is now available: US Item 4450 and CN Item 4430.