The successful pursuit of Active Wellness revolves around the creation of good lifestyle habits, which goes hand-in-hand with self-development. Active Wellness encompasses mind, body and spirit and according to an article in Medical News1, Japanese… More
As I reflect on our 43rd year, there was much to be thankful for in the Nikken Family. Worldwide, last year thousands of people embraced the Nikken concept of Active Wellness. Living a Life in Balance by creating a Wellness Home defines our purpose or mission to humanity.
For the new year, Nikken will have much to offer to leverage our mission.
First, regarding personnel, I am very excited to announce new Nikken Corporate Executive and Sales Teams.
- Luis Kasuga has accepted the position of President of Nikken Global. In this role, he will take the lead in developing and executing the Nikken sales and marketing strategy. I am confident he will have a significant impact on your business.
- The new Managing Director for Latin America is Gustavo Gomez. Recently he celebrated his 15th anniversary with Nikken and is well known to everyone. Given his prior role as Sales Director for Latin America, this new position is a natural transition for Gustavo. His insights into network marketing have had a significant impact on aligning Company and Field Leaders’ goals.
- Jeff Isom in his new role will be Chancellor of Nikken University. In this position, he will focus on providing global training for Nikken. Returning to his roots, Jeff will travel extensively to bring you Human Beings More Silver Training (HBMST), a unique approach to self-development and network marketing training.
- Jennifer Figueroa will assume the responsibilities for Latin American sales. Jennifer possesses excellent people skills with a mind for business—a rare combination. In her prior role as General Manager for Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador, she was instrumental in helping to create the tremendous success our Consultants have been enjoying there.
- North America once again has a National Sales Director: Ruben Yescas. He has more than 20 years of business experience, including 10 years in network marketing. His goal has always been to help consultants grow a profitable business.
- Marisa Gonzalez will be returning to the Sales Dept. She has been with Nikken for 18 years, and during this time she has built a stellar reputation for providing service to the field.
In other matters, in April, Nikken will commemorate 30 years in the USA. It has been and continues to be a most rewarding experience. There is no substitute for Humans Being More.
By the beginning of the 2nd quarter, North America will have a new shopping cart. It will be user friendly, sleek and hip! This shopping cart is just one example of our renewed commitment to our e-commerce platform. Refinements and new functionality will be added to our web presence as needs are identified.
There will be an increased emphasis on digital marketing as a medium to increase awareness of the Nikken Brand and what it represents.
Exciting new products will be launched in 2019. Europe and Latin America will experience the phenomenal benefits of the KenkoGround™, which was previewed at the Toronto Summit this past October. The testimonials we have read have truly been incredible.
Finally, and most importantly, I want to thank you for being part of the Nikken Family, and I want to wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
Kurt H. Fulle
CEO and Chairman
Some notable health trends for 2019 are carried over from 2018 as more people take on the Active Wellness lifestyle. Here’s a look at what’s coming up for 2019 and amazingly, how Nikken products continue to be trendsetters throughout the years.
- Medicinal mushrooms and herbs are finding their way into everyday food and drinks. Adaptogenic herbs can now be found in coffee bars and tea shops.1
Adaptogens are found in Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox, Kenzen® Clarity, Kenzen Lactoferrin™ 2.0 and Kenzen® Immunity, which is formulated with 14 different species of mushrooms!
- More gadgets are popping up to help us recover from strenuous activities. According to CEO Martin Tobias of Upgrade Labs, “Modern recovery technologies use stronger signals like vibration, infrared light, targeted compression, intense cold, intense heat, powerful detoxification, and advanced nutrition to speed recovery and development.”2
Virtually every Nikken nutritional supplement targets not only health maintenance but helps the body recover from daily stresses. In addition, the KenkoTouch®, the MagCreator, CM Complex Cream and the KenkoGround™ specifically help overcome muscle fatigue.
- Last year, sales of plant-based meat grew to 23% and is forecast to continue expanding in 2019. Plant-based dairy was 13% of all milk sales in 2018 and also expected to grow in 2019.
- Plant–based fish and seafood, which reported sales increase of 72% from 2017 to 2018, is predicted to really expand in a big way.5 New companies are entering the market as it heats up. Managing Partner T.K. Pillan of PowerPlant Ventures says, “If awareness of the negative impacts of ocean fishing and contaminants spread quickly, plant-based fish could follow the plant-based meat market in its recent accelerated growth.” 3
Adds Eric Schnell, co-founder of Good Catch, a company that focuses on plant-based fish for vegans and those with fish allergies, “There are 300 marine animals that are fished around the world for consumption and only 30 land animals, so the opportunity to disrupt the marine category is 10 times bigger than chicken, beef and pork.”4
A prime example of using renewable plant sources rather than depleting marine supplies is Kenzen® Omega Green + DHA with omegas 3, 6 and 9 derived from flaxseed oil, red algae and cranberry seed oil.
- As awareness of the importance of sleep for overall health grows, people are tracking their sleep patterns to find ways to improve the quality of their resting hours. According to virtually every sleep expert, it’s important to maintain a consistent sleep-wake schedule. That translates to waking up and going to bed at the same time, as much as possible, and not deviating too much on weekends or days off from work. At Nikken, we believe the Kenko Sleep System can help poor sleepers achieve their best rest!
- Digestive health is set to become a significant trend in 2019. The Kroger Company in Cincinnati put out information stating that “medical studies show that a healthy gut is the foundation of overall wellness, and more than ever before, consumers are seeking foods that support self-care and healthy immune systems.” 5
Kenzen Lactoferrin™ 2.0 and Kenzen® Digestion Complex 4-20 support optimal digestion*, nutrient absorption*, the proliferation of good gut bacteria* and overall health.
- As we continue to live in a world where instant gratification is so desired, fast food is not going away. The good news is that there is a growing trend toward healthy eating in the form of meal replacement shakes, salads to go and nutrient-dense take-out food. According to Mintel, a market research firm that forecasts data for thousands of consumer goods markets worldwide, “On-the-go consumers are shopping for grab and go breakfasts, quick snacks and dinner time solutions. Consumers are expecting high-quality food and beverage options that fit into their fast-paced, time-crunched lifestyles without having to sacrifice health goals or flavor.”6
Look no further than Kenzen Vital Balance® Meal Replacement Mix, which can be a meal or a snack, depending on your needs. It’s convenient and versatile, suitable for vegans and contains MCTs for your brain! It is an instant meal that supports the GI tract with an enzyme blend combined with probiotics.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The Center for Food Safety emailed me an alert this week and I thought I would share excerpts of its important message:
“A recent study (printed in The Journal of American Medical Association and reported in The New York Times) that followed 70,000 adults for five years, most of them women, found that the most frequent consumers of organic food had 25 percent fewer cancers over the course of their lives than those who never ate organic food. This latest study supports what we at Center for Food Safety (CFS) have been advocating all along: choosing organic foods isn’t a lifestyle, but a lifesaver. We will continue to work to protect organics, ban pesticides affecting our health and farmworkers, and to increase access so that everyone can enjoy the benefits that come from eating organic foods. We know that pesticide residues are detected four times more often in conventional food than they are in organic food. And we know that eating organic foods lowers the risk of impairment in the physical and mental development of children.”1
The executive leadership at Nikken is on the same page as the Center for Food Safety. For example, the HiOmega® flaxseed oil powder found in our proprietary blend in Kenzen Omega Green + DHA is cold pressed, all-natural and non-GMO.2 As such, each harvest of organic flaxseeds produces variations in color and smell, dependent upon the season and soil conditions. A recent batch has produced a “vinegary” odor. It is the highly beneficial linoleic acid within the flaxseed oil that “produces a slightly different distribution of odorants.”3 Our manufacturers requested replacing the flaxseed oil with a non-organic seed in order to rid the product of its odor. (Non-organic seeds are highly processed and therefore have much fewer beneficial properties left.) The Nikken response? Keep the all-natural organic flaxseed for optimal Active Wellness.
Nikken is committed to using high-quality ingredients even if they are much more expensive. Admittedly, some of you may find the vinegary smell unpleasant. However, it’s still better than the fishy smell that comes from fish oil. And, flaxseeds contain more polyphenols than vegetables like olives and blueberries, an added bonus. Fish oil does not contain any polyphenols.
Kenzen Omega Green + DHA is 100 percent vegetarian and contains all three important omega fatty acids: 3, 6 and 9. The proprietary formula of cranberry seed oil, flaxseed oil and red algae comes from renewable sources and the flaxseed oil in particular, is cold pressed to avoid heat. (Heat tends to deteriorate the beneficial effects of omega-3 fatty acids.) Omega fatty acids help support healthy heart, brain nerve and eye function. They help maintain cardiovascular health and help support digestive health and hormone balance as well as the cellular membranes in the skin, heart and brain. Omega fattyacids also are believed to help reduce periodic sleeplessness and carbohydrate cravings.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
When you are a Nikken Consultant, you earn money in many ways: two are by retailing Active Wellness products and by advancing rank and qualifying for a leadership bonus. As you rise in rank, your earning potential increases. Over the years, Nikken has occasionally modified the Compensation Plan to help Consultants achieve their potential. Another way for Consultants to improve is to be mentored. Royal Ambassadors Dennis and Ruth Williams have mentored thousands in nearly 27 years with Nikken. Recently Dennis created an analogy to show how reaching for Silver at Nikken is so much simpler now than in past years.
Here’s the difference:
- In the past, qualifying for the rank of Silver entailed achieving 20,000 PGPV (Personal Group Point Volume) in a single month. Another requirement was to have at least three frontline Senior Consultants in the qualifying month. As you can see from the graphic analogy, “making a basket” is not easy.
- Now Silver rank advancement qualifications are substantially simpler. In up to three consecutive months, accumulate 6,000 PGPV, achieve 100 PPV (Personal Point Volume) each month of the qualification period. Then in the qualifying month, achieve at least 1,000 OPV (organizational point volume) outside of your primary leg, and at least 500 of this OPV requirement must be outside of your primary and secondary legs. “Making a basket” in the current scenario is much more achievable than in the past.
When Royal Ambassadors Dennis and Ruth Williams share valuable experiences and knowledge, it pays to listen and follow through with your monthly business-building activities. Set your sights on the first leadership level at Nikken, Silver: You can do it!
Starting today, take advantage of the 12 Days of Holiday Jewelry that ends on December 14. Nikken jewelry makes wonderful gifts and these are first come first served, so hurry before they’re gone!
You know the butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling you get when you‘re nervous or stressed out? Looking forward (not!) to dealing with in-law-itis and other members of the family at annual get-togethers? Overeating? Drinking in excess?
Starting with Thanksgiving, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season can be hard on the gut. Here are some tips for maintaining a stable gut over the holidays:
- Drink lots of water. You might overdo the alcoholic beverages, but if you drink lots of water, it will help compensate for the dehydrating aspects of alcohol and sugar. (Yes, most alcoholic beverages contain sugar or convert to sugar.)
- Chew. No matter how much you eat, if you remember to chew, it will help prevent indigestion because it will slow down the eating process. Swallowing too much too quickly can cause gas and bloat.
- Going to potlucks? There will be lots of tempting foods that are full of empty calories, so bring something delicious but make it a healthy treat! Think exotic fruit salads and greens.
- Sleep is more than just necessary rest. Good sleep helps the digestive system function optimally. The body rebalances, detoxes and regenerates during sleep, so get plenty of it.
- Practice Active Wellness by exercising. If you have a daily routine, try to stick to it. In addition, after each big meal, try to take a walk.
- When you’re traveling, pack healthy snacks and avoid the fast-food kiosks. For example, bring a shaker bottle with premeasured Kenzen Vital Balance® in it, and you can add water after you pass the TSA checkpoint at any airport for a nutritious meal replacement or snack.
- If you haven’t already incorporated Kenzen® Digestion Complex 4-20 into your daily regimen, there’s no better time to do so than now. With all four major digestive enzymes in the formula, your stomach will thank you.
- Take care of your mental state as well as your physical state. Try to set aside a few minutes daily to be alone and inhale and exhale deeply. Oxygen feeds your brain and your gut.
- Kenzen Lactoferrin™ 2.0 supports both the G.I. tract and mental health with four exceptional organic ingredients.
- Give thanks. Whether you say it to your family and friends or simply meditate on it, remember what you’re grateful for even in the most trying of times.
All of us at Nikken wish you abundance and thank you for taking the Active Wellness journey with us! You have through November 30 to purchase our Black Friday Cyber Week specials: Kenko Energy Sets and Jewelry Sets!
There are many aspects of network marketing that are uniquely geared to help you make money. One important difference from regular sales is that you not only earn money when you sell a product, but you can also earn money on your purchases. This year Nikken gives Black Friday an added twist by creating a “cyberweek” that helps all our Consultants increase point volume as well as commissions. It’s the ideal time of year to role-model Active Wellness and look good doing it!
With our Black Friday sets, available only from November 23 through November 30, Nikken Consultants will receive at least 58% more and up to 71% more points and at least 38% more and up to 42% more leadership bonus (depending on the set).
Two Kenko Energy Sets each contain one KenkoGround, one KenkoTouch and either a small or large pair of mStrides. These two sets introduce three important technologies: Grounding, patented DynaFlux® magnetics and solenoid reciprocating massage.
- The KenkoGround enables you to reconnect to the Earth’s natural surface charge and restore the natural electrical state in your physiology1
- Patented DynaFlux® technology combined with solenoid reciprocating massage imbues the KenkoTouch with pulsating magnetic wave therapy. Opposing magnetic fields with rotating and reciprocating massage mechanisms provide a personal shiatsu-like experience in three settings.
- Patented DynaFlux® intensifies the magnetic field and provides 100% coverage in the Kenko mStrides. These insoles energize the feet. They are ventilated to help keep feet fresh and cool. Each pair supports up to 275 pounds.
Two Jewelry Sets each contain either a stainless steel or gold-plated Perfect Link II with a KenkoHeart pendant and a pair of KenkoHeart earrings—both hypoallergenic.
- The stainless steel or gold-plated Perfect Link II necklace features 800-gauss neodymium magnets throughout their 18-inch lengths. Nickel-free and non-corrosive, these finely crafted necklaces are polished to a glossy finish and look perfect both day and night, with casual or formal wear.
- The KenkoHeart pendant is stainless on one side and gold-plated on the other. It fits perfectly with either the stainless steel or gold-plated Perfect Link II necklace. Symbolizing the Heart of Nikken, the pendant is engineered with an 800-gauss neodymium magnet.
- The KenkoHeart earrings are gold-plated. They match the pendant and feature 600-gauss neodymium magnets.
Who will you be buying for? Make your shopping list now: one for prospects and one for gift recipients. And remember, every new Consultant you sign up before Black Friday will be able to take advantage of this unique offer!
1 Ober, Clinton etal, Earthing, 2nd edition, Basic Health Publications, Inc., 2014, p. 5.
The holiday season is the make-it or break-it season for many brick and mortar retailers. They depend on the last couple of months for the majority of their entire year’s sales. This is less true of online sales, but the common denominator for both types of retailers is that November and December are huge months for making big bucks.
What can Nikken Consultants do to cash in on the holidays? Much of the retailer’s work is already done for you because whenever nikken.com makes an update on the homepage, you automatically receive it on your Personal Web Page (PWP) which is linked to it. Whenever a Customer places an order on your PWP, you have successfully make a sale. This is a great way to make passive income, but don’t you want to actively make more money?
Do the following and see what happens in the next two months:
- On all your social media accounts, post something daily about the holidays, Nikken products and the convenience of shopping on your PWP. Or, you can simply share the Nikken corporate Facebook posts.
- Review your contact list. Update it by removing people who are no longer in your life. More importantly, add new people who more recently are in your life.
- Divide your updated list into two groups. Group A lists people you will telephone. Group B lists people you will email or text.
- Write down a short script that reminds you of what you want to say to your phone contacts. The same script can be emailed/texted to Group B.
- Within Group A and Group B, separate out the Customers who actually ordered Nikken products this year, and note what they purchased. (see * below)
The goal of the script is to get in touch with your existing Customers as well as prospects. Make it personal and warm:
- Remind them the holidays are around the corner and Nikken products make great gifts.
- Remind them that ordering via your PWP eliminates the stress of driving, looking for a parking space, braving the crowds, lining up at the cash registers and carrying burdensome packages.
- Remind them that if they encounter any issue at all during the ordering and shipping process that you will personally help resolve it. Nikken offers Consultants internet and phone support so you can provide your Customers with the best service.
- For those Customers who have previously purchased nutritional supplements, make sure they are on Autoship. If they are already on Autoship, try to introduce products from another category. Since gifting is important this time of year, make sure they know about the various jewelry items. Do the same cross-selling for Customers who purchased in non-nutritional categories. Introduce something new to them.*
- For first-time prospects, deliver your elevator speech. If you don’t have one, ask them to watch the new Why Nikken video that’s on the nikken.com homepage as well as the Nikken YouTube channel. Be sure to follow up with these contacts within three days of having them watch the Why Nikken video.
Nikken Consultants really should perform the five steps consistently year round, but during the season of giving and showing gratitude, you have wonderful opportunities to renew contacts, offer beneficial gift ideas and provide exceptional customer service. Remember to check the Information Center for updates and promotions from Nikken that will help you spread the Active Wellness lifestyle.