One of the favorite nights of the year for many North Americans is Halloween. It’s also one of the scariest, not because of the witches and goblins or walking skeletons, but due to the abundance… More
The United States and many other countries are dealing with an increase, or even a prevalence of, obesity. Exercise and diet are the two basic ways to prevent or overcome this epidemic. In the United States, physicians refer to “Physical Activity” (PA) goals as the easy and affordable prescription for maintaining a healthy weight and more often than not, recommend outdoor exercise, which combines fresh air with mobility.
Weather conditions have an effect on whether an individual stays motivated to exercise outdoors. For example, not everyone will want to exercise outdoors during rain, snow or extremely hot or cold conditions. Working out under hot weather conditions can lead to a number of illnesses, including heat cramps, exhaustion and heatstroke. These occur when the body’s cooling system fails to function due to extreme heat and humidity, sweating profusely or not drinking enough fluids. The rule of thumb for outdoor activities during extremely hot weather is to avoid the hours immediately before and after the noon hour, and to stay hydrated throughout your exercise routine.
Exercising in cold weather not only helps keep extra pounds at bay but also can help combat the winter blues. As explained by Dr. Keven Plancher, head of Plancher Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in New York City to Women’s Health magazine, “All exercise can increase your levels of those feel-good hormones, endorphins. But because your body has to work harder in the cold, your endorphin production is boosted even more, leading to a happier state of mind.”1 Women’s Health also points out that a workout outside—even when the air is cold—can give you some much-needed sun exposure in the dark winter months, which will boost your mood as well.2
Cooler weather actually helps motivate people to do cardio workouts, because running, biking, hiking and so forth are all activities that produce heat. Even walking is suited for cooler temperatures. Low temperatures tend to make the heart work harder to keep the body at a stable temperature, so people with heart disease are advised to take caution when participating in strenuous activities during extremely cold conditions.3 Again, always stay hydrated.
To help stay motivated and consistent on an Active Wellness lifestyle, here are some tips:
- Eat healthy carbs a couple of hours before strenuous activities to keep your body warm and energetic. This also helps prevent fatigue.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages before working out, because they can cause dehydration.
- Keep an energy bar on hand, especially when you know you will be exercising intensely or for a long period of time.
- Drink water or beverages with electrolytes before, during and after your workout to avoid cramping and dizziness. The PiMag® Sport Bottle is ideal with its built-in water filter.
- Set exercise/weight goals and write them down.
- Reward yourself periodically as you achieve your goals, but not with food, so you don’t associate pleasure only with edible treats.
- Wear KenkoTherm® Support Wraps and KenkoTherm DUK® Tape to help your muscles and joints stay warm and stable.
We’re offering our Consultants a special on Kenzen Paleo Bars until December 31, 2017. Receive one box free when you buy or sell one box of Kenzen Paleo Bars.
As with any new endeavor, getting started as a business builder may be challenging. For example, once she is in the flow of things, daily responsibilities fall into place. She will prioritize tasks and work to complete them. If part of a team, she learns each team member’s quirks and adapts to working with or around them. Over time, she will be given increased responsibilities such as mentoring other people. Before long, she will rank advance. With each advancement, she will make more money.
This scenario is similar to how a Nikken Consultant rank advances with one major difference. A Nikken Consultant has a sponsor/enroller, but that is not the same as having a boss. In network marketing, you are your own boss. With that said, you also have the freedom to decide how much to work, choose the people to work with and determine how much money to make. Your income largely depends on the amount of effort you put forth, which leads to the core of success as a Nikken Consultant.
Simply put, success may come quickly or slowly, but as long as a Nikken Consultant stays consistent and performs two major actions repeatedly, success is within reach.
- The first is to be a role model for others by consistently being a product advocate. You act as a walking advertisement for Nikken products and are able to recount the benefits you have personally experienced, both physically, mentally and financially. To gauge whether you are being proactive enough in sharing the company, the opportunity and the products, simply make sure you personally retail at least 500 points every month.
- The second is to develop team members whose goals align with yours. This means signing up new team members consistently. Begin by signing up at least three people who are each committed to retailing 500 points a month and sponsoring their own three team members. This proven business building method is called signing up “Quality Enrollments.” In other words, rather than only sponsoring Customers who want to buy the products, sign up people as well who want to create an income stream.
You have two weeks left to take advantage of a sponsoring incentive offered by two of the highest ranking Nikken Consultants, Royal Ambassadors Dave and Valerie Johnson. As dedicated leaders, they are offering their “Each One Bring One” incentive for the entire month of September to help newcomers and existing Nikken Consultants jumpstart their businesses. Their incentive has 3 winners. All three winners will have the opportunity to earn an additional $500 from Nikken provided they each complete at least one Quality Enrollment (someone who retails at least 500 points) during September. Double win!
Adaptogens are a class of herbs that help bodies adapt to physical and environmental stress. They help ease the stress response by helping to regulate important hormones that cope with fatigue, a common condition of chronic stress. Adaptogens offer numerous health benefits, and the better known ones include:
- A boost for the immune system1
- Support for managing a healthy weight2
- Increased physical endurance and mental focus
- Reduction in discomfort caused by poor health3
- Encouraging a balanced mood4
To qualify as an adaptogen, an herb must be completely safe, non-toxic, have broad uses for health and specifically must help reduce stress, both mental and physical.5
Stress actually is supposed to exist only in short bursts, which our bodies are geared to deal with well. However, the ongoing stress that exists as a part of modern living causes our adrenal systems to work constantly and suffer from overload. This in turn causes our bodies to get knocked out of balance. We most commonly experience this imbalance in our digestive systems and low energy levels. Adaptogens work by helping the hormones of the adrenal system to balance out and counter adrenal fatigue. In the same way, some adaptogens help shorten recovery times after exercise or intense physical activities.
One of the adaptogens that is well known even in the western world comes from the tradition of Ayurveda: Ashwagandha is so valued that it is referred to by some as “Indian ginseng.” Studies show that those who consume ashwagandha “enjoy dramatic improvements in how they handle and feel stress. It is also taken to keep the mind sharp, and for energy.”6
Another adaptogen is one of the hottest herbal commodities on the market today: turmeric . Just about every benefit has been attributed to consuming turmeric in one form or another. Used generously throughout Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric has been shown to promote circulation, relieve joint and muscular discomforts, and enhance the functions of the liver.7
Adaptogens have been part of the Eastern vernacular for centuries. In more recent years, the West has adopted them for a natural approach to Active Wellness and longevity. Nikken continues to combine the best of eastern traditions with western technology: Ashwagandha and turmeric are both contained in the Kenzen® Clarity and Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox formulations.
We’re offering our Consultants a special on Kenzen® Clarity and Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox from 8:00 AM PST, September 8, 2017 until 5:00 PM PST, September 15, 2017. Place a minimum wholesale order of 240 PV or a minimum retail order of $300 and receive free standard shipping within the 48 contiguous states and Canada. Cannot combine orders to achieve PV or retail thresholds. The order must include Kenzen® Clarity and Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox. This offer excludes Autoship and applies to phone orders only.
- Seely D, Singh R. Adaptogenic Potential of a Polyherbal Natural Health Product: Report on a Longitudinal Clinical Trial. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine: eCAM. 2007;4(3):375-380. doi:10.1093/ecam/nel101.
- Panossian A1, Wikman G, Kaur P, Asea A. Adaptogens exert a stress-protective effect by modulation of expression of molecular chaperones. Phytomedicine. 2009 Jun;16(6-7):617-22. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2008.12.003. Epub 2009 Feb 1.
- Vyas P, Thakar AB, Baghel MS, Sisodia A, Deole Y. Efficacy of Rasayana Avaleha as adjuvant to radiotherapy and chemotherapy in reducing adverse effects. Ayu. 2010;31(4):417-423. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.82029.
- Smirnova MD, Svirida ON, Ageev FT, Forfanova TV, Vitsenia MV, Mikhalov GV. [The ability to use meldonium as adaptogen in winter in patients with cardiovascular disease]. Kardiologiia. 2014;54(10):51-6.
There are many ways to earn income with Nikken. One way is by retailing Nikken products. Another way is by sponsoring fellow business-builders.
- When you become a Nikken Consultant, you sign up retail customers who purchase Nikken products at retail price. You earn retail profit based on the difference between the wholesale and retail prices.
- When you sponsor new Consultants, you teach them how to retail and enroll their own team members in order to build their Nikken businesses. The more people you have on your team who duplicate your efforts of retailing and sponsoring, the more money you earn. How do you make this happen?
Successful network marketers make this happen by being “coachable” and then becoming coaches once they’ve mastered the methods, strategies and techniques of the Company’s system of duplication. The goal is to help team members with the most perceived potential to reach the next level as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Nikken, we call those with the most perceived potential “quality enrollments”— people who sign up to be Nikken Consultants and commit to retailing a minimum of 500 points each month. Every Nikken product is assigned a specific number referred to as “qualifying point volume”.
Making your 500 monthly qualification points is pretty straightforward, and your coach can give you multiple options. Here are five examples of retail orders to registered customers:
- Get 10 customers to purchase Kenzen Vital Balance® via Autoship.
- Sell 10 PiMag® Sport Bottles.
- Sell 9 pairs of Kenko mSteps® or Kenko mStrides®.
- Sell one Heart Health Pack and one Everyday Weight Management Pack.
- Sell seven each of True Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner.
Be open-minded and understand that your sponsor or coach is there to help you succeed. Sometimes your coach might ask you to change your behavior. For example, maybe your coach will ask you to try products you haven’t experienced yet. Instead of resisting change, just try it out. If it doesn’t feel right, at least you tried and your coach will see your effort and come up with something else that suits you better. If you aren’t coachable and don’t try, you will in all probability not succeed.
Being coachable can translate into increased sales volume and bigger commission checks, rank advancements, participation in Team Kaizen and global incentive trips. Being coachable means being honest about your strengths and weaknesses and being willing to seek out team members who have complementary skill sets, so you can learn from each other. Once you reach the rank of Silver, you become a team leader and should be ready to coach others to success!
People who are concerned with Active Wellness and longevity have known for years that drinking a glass of red wine daily can produce benefits, most notably for heart health. What if you don’t drink red wine? The good news is that you can benefit from the many varieties of grape without turning them into wine.
The seed of the grape is often considered waste, but its extract holds a secret that is being examined and used to help in healthy living. Scientists are continuing to study the myriad benefits that grape seed extract can help provide. Grape seed extract contains healthy ingredients, including protein, lipids and polyphenols—these come in the form of bioflavonoids known for their potent antioxidant activities. Scientific studies show that the antioxidant power of polyphenols is 20 times more than vitamin E and 50 times greater than vitamin C.1
One particular type of phenol found in grape seed is called procyanidin. Scientists believe procyanidins help protect the body from premature aging by increasing vitamin C levels in the cells and helping the organs scavenge and get rid of toxins. 2 Procyanidins also bond with collagen to help cell health, promoting skin elasticity and protection from sun damage.3 (Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and a key component of skin, gums, bones, teeth, hair and tissues.)
More than just helping skin stay young-looking, polyphenols in grape seed extract have shown the ability to help the body fight inflammation, which may improve joint flexibility and the health of the circulatory system.4
In addition to procyanidins, grape seed extract also contains resveratrol, which scientists have found to have the ability to assist the brain in functioning efficiently. In rats, this has proven to have life-prolonging effects and testing is being conducted to see whether it has the same effect on humans.5
Although grape seed extract is not an ingredient in commercial grade grape juices, you can find it in Kenzen® Ciaga®V. In fact, grape seed extract is specifically added to the superfruit blend that makes up Ciagav to increase its antioxidant value, notably high at 1,500+ units per ounce. With Kenzen CiagaV, you get so much goodness in a single ounce and it’s delicious to boot!
We’re offering our Consultants a special on Kenzen® Ciaga®V from 8:00 AM PST, August 23, 2017 until 5:00 PM PST, August 29, 2017. Place a minimum wholesale order of 240 PV or a minimum retail order of $300 and receive free standard shipping within the 48 contiguous states and Canada. The order must include CiagaV (item #15565 US or 13365 CN). This offer excludes Autoship and applies to phone orders only.
The “3” in Omega-3 refers to the three major types of fatty acids that are found in food and used by our bodies. They are: ALA-alpha-linolenic acid, EPA-eicosapentaenoic acid and DHA-dicosahexaenoic acid. Once consumed, the human body converts ALA to EPA and DHA. Because the human body can create EPA and DHA in this way, they are not considered essential fatty acids. On the other hand, ALA cannot be produced by the human body and is considered an essential fatty acid that needs to be obtained from the diet. Omega-3s are important components of virtually all cell membranes, so having a balance of these fatty acids are necessary to maintain good health.
ALA is found in land-based plant foods, especially nuts, seeds, soybeans, green leafy vegetables, and some refined oils like walnut and flax seed oil. Since EPA and DHA are found in so few food types, when you hear people say omega-3 fatty acids, they are almost always referencing alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).1
Due to the many reported health benefits, many healthcare professionals recommend daily supplements, whether they’re omega vegetarian capsules made from algae, from fish oil (salmon, mackerel, anchovies, tuna, etc.), or from a crustacean (krill). For those with shellfish allergies, krill oil should be avoided.
Known as a primary source of omegas, supplements made from fish oil are by far the cheapest. Given how polluted the oceans are, fish oils can be contaminated with a variety of toxins. The process of detoxifying fish oils increases the oxidation and diminishes the omega and nutrient content. In addition, the world’s fish supply is diminishing in direct contrast to the increasing toxic load of the fish.
Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 oils have been identified as being especially important. An omega supplement must offer all three of these oils to be of greatest value. The importance of supplementation with omega fatty acids for heart health and brain health2 is in direct conflict with the risk of ingesting toxins through fish oils.
Nikken has been aware of this dichotomy for years. The answer is Kenzen® Omega Green+DHA. The plant sourced omega fatty acids for Kenzen Omega Green + DHA are cranberry seed oil, flax seed oil and red algae, each of which is easily renewable.
- Cranberry seed oil contains naturally occurring substances called phytosterols that structurally resemble the human body’s cholesterol. Phytosterols reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) but do not affect HDL (good cholesterol). Eating foods with phytosterols may cut the risk for heart disease when consumed as part of a healthy eating plan, according to the Cleveland Clinic. 3 Cranberry seed oil is considered unique among fixed oils because it contains a very high essential fatty acid profile in addition to a high antioxidant load. 4
- Flax seed oil contains ALA and has been advocated to combat cardiovascular disease. The use of flax seed oil as a nutritional intervention for the prevention of heart disease has received increasing amounts of research attention. 5
- Red algae has been used for thousands of years as a food source, especially in Asian cultures. It is high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are easily utilized by the human body to help boost the immune system and nourish skin. The main benefits of red algae are its ability to promote healthy circulation in the body, to help regulate blood sugar levels and to help lower bad cholesterol levels. High in dietary fiber, it is also a rich source of calcium and magnesium so it contributes to bone health.6
Consuming Kenzen® Omega Green+DHA gives you all the benefits of an omega supplement and none of the risks. It helps carnivores, vegetarians and vegans to obtain the right balance of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 for Active Wellness without the risk associated with fish oil toxins.
We’re offering our Consultants a special on Kenzen® Omega Green+DHA from 8:00 AM PST, August 16, 2017 until 5:00 PM PST, August 22, 2017. Place a minimum order of two bottles and receive 75 Nikken Reward Points. This offer applies to retail or wholesale orders, excluding Autoship. Maximum of 450 NRPs per consultant can be awarded. Nikken Reward Points will be issued on August 24th, 2017. NRPs are nontransferable, not valid toward Autoship, shipping, taxes, and cannot be redeemed for cash or to pay outstanding balances. Nikken Reward Points expire six months from the date issued.
Why is it so hard for so many of us to get rid of added sugar in our diets? It makes us gain unwanted weight, it’s bad for the teeth and it virtually shortens our lifespans. And, more research continues to show how bad it is.
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health conducted a number of studies on fructose and its impact on heart health. One large study found that people who drank two or more servings of sweet beverages a day had a 35 percent higher risk of developing heart disease, and people who drank at least one serving daily had a 16 percent greater chance of stroke, when compared to those who had none.1 In addition, research showed that people who drank one or two sweet drinks a day also had a 26 percent increased risk of developing diabetes.2
As explained by physicians, sugar calories provide no nutrients yet contribute to weight gain and even obesity, which puts consumers at a greater risk for heart issues. According to Robin Miller, MD, “Fructose is dangerous to the heart because of the way the body metabolizes it—in the liver. This can cause fatty liver disease, higher levels of fat in the blood and insulin resistance. I urge all my patients to stop drinking them.” 3
Carbonated sugar-filled sodas aren’t the only beverages that add to the risk of heart problems, stroke or diabetes. Every type of sugary drink contributes to the risk factors. These include sports drinks, sweet teas and fruit juices with or without added sugar.
According to Robert Lustig, professor of pediatrics and member of the Institute for Health Policy Studies at the University of California, San Francisco, about 10 percent of the U.S. population are true sugar addicts and research indicates the cravings are similar to those induced by addictive drugs.4 Lustig says, “There is not one person who wouldn’t benefit by eliminating added sugar from their diets.” His research revealed that when obese children eliminated added sugars from their diets for only nine days, every aspect of their metabolic health improved.
Registered dietician and co-author of “The Sugar Detox: Lose the Sugar, Lose the Weight—Look and Feel Great,” Brooke Alpert is a proponent of going cold turkey off sugar, even if it’s just for three days. Speaking of her clients, she explains, “It was just ineffective to ask people to eat less of something when they’re struggling with this bad habit. When they would go cold turkey, the number one positive effect was that it recalibrated their palate. They could now taste natural sugars in fruits, vegetables and dairy that they used to be so dulled to.” 5
Alpert’s sugar detox takes place over 31 days. During the first three days on a sugar detox, she recommends no fruit or starchy vegetables, no dairy, no grains and no alcohol, in addition to no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. Different foods are gradually re-introduced into the diet, with the exception of sugar. Dairy, grains, fruit and vegetables are all incorporated and by the fourth week, you are allowed five glasses of red wine per week.
“Depending on how intense your addiction is, you can experience withdrawal symptoms, such as brain fog, crankiness and fatigue…but if you can push through and stay well-hydrated, you can really break your cycle of sugar addition,” Alpert concludes.
In support of Active Wellness and sugar-free eating, Nikken has several nutritional supplements that are especially helpful during a sugar detox: Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox, Kenzen® Ten4® Energy Drink Mix to replace sugary drinks and Kenzen® Clarity to help with brain fog.
We’re offering our Consultants a special on the taste-enhanced Tropical Fruit Kenzen Paleo Bar® through August 31, 2017. When you order two or more boxes exclusively by phone, get 1-cent standard shipping within the contiguous 48 states and Canada. This offer applies to retail or wholesale orders, excluding Autoship.