Virtually everyone knows someone who is a chronic insomniac or suffers from erratic sleep patterns. Needing adequate sleep to function well is a known fact but the reality is that most adults and many children… More
Recently the 2017 Nikken Team Kaizen members were rewarded for qualifying as Active Wellness entrepreneurs with a luxury trip to Japan. Here is what Jon and Nicki Edgell, Platinum Consultants from the UK, wrote about their memorable experience.
“In addition to the regular compensation plan Nikken offers extra incentives to consultants. One of these has just seen us take part in an all expenses paid Team Kaizen trip to Japan, the original home of Nikken.
“Although Nikken Inc. now has its HQ in the US the company aims to visit Japan every few years in order to honour its formation and to give consultants a chance to experience Japanese culture and the people’s philosophy of service. This was certainly the case where we were constantly humbled by the people’s helpfulness and politeness everywhere we went. At each hotel on the tour lines of staff would stand and bow. If we stopped for a moment and looked confusingly at a metro map a young student with perfect English would offer help. Tokyo is preparing for the Olympics in 2020 and the people’s friendliness and the efficiency of their transport systems will ensure a successful event.
“This trip, as well as various other annual events, is also a chance to reconnect with old colleagues and meet new friends, to revive one’s purpose, to get inspired and set intentions for the year ahead. To be surrounded by so many positive and successful partners serves to propel you on to the next level of your Nikken journey. Big decisions are made at these big events.
“The trip was primarily a holiday and a reward for good work but there are inevitably chances to talk business and share best practices. By forging lasting relationships with international colleagues chances for collaboration and sharing business arise.
“The network marketing model is one of collaborative entrepreneurship. Although we all have our own teams, by sharing information about what works well the global Nikken family is able to “grow the overall size of the pie”. In practice this translates, for example, to a colleague in Canada passing an enquiry from a UK resident to us or a Mexican business leader appearing on one of our webinars to pass on knowledge and inspiration to my team.
“Another takeaway from the trip was the number of different ways one can be successful at the Nikken business – for instance through online retail or through building a network, or a combination of both. The Nikken business leaders are drawn from all sorts of different characters – it is certainly not the case that you have to be an outgoing extrovert in the stereotypical salesman mold.
“Thank you Nikken for the trip of a lifetime!”
Arthritis is often misunderstood. Many people think arthritis only strikes the elderly, and this couldn’t be further from the truth. In America, more than 50 million adults and 300,000 children suffer from arthritis. 1 And, contrary to common belief, there are more than a hundred types of arthritis and related conditions.
Common symptoms of arthritis include swelling, pain, stiffness and decreased range of motion in the joints. Any variety of these symptoms can range from mild to severe. The effects are just as varied, from being an annoyance to being debilitating. Limitations can include difficulties moving and performing daily tasks, such as typing, opening jars, getting up from a sofa, and much more.
Counter-intuitively, walking is recommended for those who suffer from arthritis. It may cause discomfort to get moving, but moving will slow down the rate of degeneration. In other words, an Active Wellness lifestyle is key to living with arthritis.
According to Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, adults should take a 30-minute walk daily, five days a week. If that seems to be too much, the 30 minutes can be broken down into 10-minute increments. For example, take a 10-minute walk in the morning, another in the afternoon and then one more after dinner. Jobs that are sedentary aggravate arthritis and sufferers need to consciously get up and walk around at least once every hour.
Here are some tips to manage mild to moderate joint-related symptoms of the most common type of arthritis, known as osteoarthritis: 2
- Balance activity with rest
- Use hot and cold therapies
- Be physically active (walk!)
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Strengthen muscles around the joint for added support
- Avoid excessive repetitive movements
In addition to these lifestyle recommendations, Nikken offers two products that are formulated specifically to support joint function.* Kenzen® Joint is a dietary supplement designed to work from the inside out, while CM Complex Cream is applied on the skin to work from the outside in. Both of these formulas are based on the active ingredient known as cetyl myristoleate (CM), discovered by Dr. H.W. Diehl, then of the National Institutes of Health. Both products carry the endorsement of Dr. Diehl’s estate.
From Tuesday, July 17 through Monday, July 23, purchase both Kenzen® Joint and CM Complex Cream in a stand-alone call-in order and receive a yellow Kenko PowerBand® necklace as our gift. Excludes Autoship orders.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Most of us spend more time outdoors during the summer months, and hair takes a beating from being exposed to sun, wind and chlorine. Effective hair care requires a good shampoo and conditioner, but what about the water used to wash our hair?
Unfiltered water generally contains sediment, minerals and chemicals (such as chlorine) purported to clean the water system. None of these things is helpful in maintaining clean hair and a healthy scalp. What does make a huge difference is the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System. We normally think of water filters only in terms of clean drinking water, but the PiMag MicroJet Shower System effectively reduces chlorine exposure and makes shower water comparable in quality to filtered drinking water.
Year-round swimmers know what chlorine can do to hair. Depending on your natural hair color, ongoing chlorine exposure may transform it to various shades of yellow, green or blue while drying it out to the consistency of hay. Chlorine also tends to fade hair dye and highlights, increasing the cost of color maintenance. In a nutshell, the damage chlorine does to hair costs a lot of money to fix, and too much time if you decide to use the “grow it out and cut it off” method. It’s so much more cost-effective and practical to install the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System, which is far superior to other chlorine-reduction systems. Here’s how:
- Most other chlorine-reduction shower filters trap part of the chlorine or add other chemicals to counteract it (fighting poison with poison, so to speak). The PiMag MicroJet uses a reduction/oxidation process to convert free-radical chlorine ions to neutral chlorides. In addition, Nikken Magnetic Technology helps condition water without salt or other chemical additives. The magnetic field assists in reducing clumping to reduce mineral buildup.
- Even more effective filtration is achieved by patent-pending Air-Induction Technology, which injects air into the shower stream to create a higher air-to-water ratio. The result is a water stream that is less viscous and has less surface tension so it passes through the nozzle with decreased resistance, which helps maintain water pressure without requiring a higher flow rate.
• The PiMag MicroJet® nozzle releases streams of microbubbles within the water flow, producing an effective cleansing action that penetrates surface buildup of dirt and helps moisturize skin and scalp so they feel fresh and soft.
Here are some other Active Wellness hair care tips:
- Once you have washed your hair, try rinsing it out with cold water. The cold temperature constricts hair cuticles and makes the strands smoother and more reflective. It also prevents dirt from accumulating on the scalp and helps strength hair. The cold water rinse may leave your hair looking glossier and shinier.
- Before swimming, wet your hair with cold water so that it has already absorbed clean water and will then soak up less of the salt or chlorinated water. (Chlorine and salt water make hair frizzy.)
- After swimming, if you stay out in the sun or delay going to the shower, coat your hair with True Elements® Conditioner, as it will help prevent damage.
- Use True Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner regularly all year round and wash more frequently during summer months. They won’t strip hair of its natural oils or hurt the scalp’s protective barrier. Non-irritating to sensitive skin, True Elements® Hair Care does NOT contain commonly used chemical ingredients found in many name brands.
- Bring True Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner with you to the gym, the pool, and the beach.
- Drink lots of water. Dehydration has a direct impact on hair growth, and lack of hydration produces dry and brittle hair. It also may decrease the rate of growth.
From July 10 through July 16, get free ground shipping on the Hair & Skin Care Pack (item 18000) and the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System (Item 1466-hand held or 14662-wall mount) in Canada and the 48 contiguous states when you order them together. Orders must be called in to Distributor/Customer Services: US 800-669-8859, Canada 800-669-8890. Please note that the phone lines are inactive on Saturday and Sunday.
Drinking plenty of water is extremely important and highly underrated even though dehydration is common and may have frightening consequences. Since 50 to 70 percent of our body mass is composed of water, including skin, tissues, cells and organs1, water is essential for Active Wellness. When dehydration occurs, the body does not have enough water for its basic vital functions.
Watch out for these symptoms of mild to moderate dehydration2:
- Increased thirst with dry mouth
- Unusual feelings of fatigue or sleepiness
- Decrease or lack in urine output
- Dry skin
- Leg cramps
Symptoms of severe dehydration include2:
- Lightheadedness that stops you from standing or walking normally
- Drop in blood pressure (can lead to shock)
- Rapid heart rate
- Poor skin elasticity
- Lethargy and/or confusion
- Actually passing out or blacking out
- Swollen hands, feet and legs
Our bodies lose water daily through perspiration, breathing and the entire digestive/excretion process. We naturally replenish these losses through the consumption of food and beverages, but depending on individual diets, may not hydrate enough. The Institute of Medicine advises men to drink three liters (101 fluid ounces) of water per day and for women, 2.2 liters 74 fluid ounces).
During the summer months, we tend to perspire more and lose even more water throughout the day. That means the skin is working harder, and we need to replenish the body’s largest organ by drinking more water. Water not only keeps the skin hydrated but also helps skin stay soft and supple, which decreases the appearance of wrinkles by plumping up the cells. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling.
Drinking enough water helps increase our metabolic rate and improves the digestive system’s ability to flush toxins out of the body. This in turn helps produce healthy and glowing skin by reducing breakouts and acne. Unfortunately, water will reach all the other organs before it reaches the skin3, so it’s important to hydrate the skin on the outside as well. That’s where a great moisturizer like True Elements® Nourishing Face Cream with hyaluronic acid helps skin hold water in. Hyaluronic acid is believed to hold 1,000 times its own weight in water, thus attracting water to the skin and holding it there.4
Staying hydrated is good for the health and helps us maintain our youthful looks! And the PiMag® Sport Bottle lessens the amount of plastic we add to our overflowing landfills.
July 2, 3, 5 and 6, get free ground shipping on the Hair & Skin Care Pack (item 18000) and the PiMag® Sport Bottle (Item 13501) in Canada and the 48 contiguous states when you order them together. Orders must be called in to Distributor/Customer Services. (We will be closed on July 4 for Independence Day and wish everyone a safe holiday.)
Now that we are into the summer months, as the young ones begin summer vacation, the older graduates may well be searching for part-time jobs or full-time careers. In other words, it’s a prime time to seek income opportunities.
Network marketing is becoming a viable option for more people as the work force evolves globally. People who embrace network marketing generally do so for three basic reasons:
- Income opportunity
- Love of the company’s products
- Community of like-minded people
In addition, network marketing provides the opportunity to work out of your own home on your own schedule. You choose how much time to commit to your business, but to be successful with network marketing, no less effort is required than with any other endeavor.
Unlike many other network marketing companies that try to convince you that you can get rich quick, at Nikken we offer the following advice: think about why you’re joining, find out what you’re expected to do, carefully choose who to be on your team and then commit to how you will succeed. Our entire Nikken corporate team has your back as you discover health and wellness, learn to live an Active Wellness lifestyle, and share the product benefits and Compensation Plan with everyone.
The keys to earning a steady and growing income at Nikken are:
- Use the products. Take advantage of Autoship so your product orders are delivered automatically to you.
- Retail the products and build up a customer base. We recommend generating at least 500 points of retail sales (think of if as dollars, if that’s helpful) every month.
- Consistently sponsor new Consultants. Teach them to generate 500 points in sales a month also. The more Consultants on your team who do as you do, the faster your group grows. That’s when earnings grow. This is the power of multilevel network marketing.
Nikken entrepreneurs differ from traditional employees. In regular jobs, you are competing with fellow employees. You are rewarded when you outperform others. In contrast, the Nikken Consultants who spend the most time helping others are the most successful. It’s a business where being kind actually pays off.
Nikken Consultants: Make sure you listen to the July Kickoff Call and go to the Information Center to read about an upcoming special incentive.
June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, and the Alzheimer’s Association is encouraging families to talk about memory and cognition concerns sooner. Alzheimer’s is a brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills. As with virtually any disease, an early diagnosis may offer the opportunity for medical and/or lifestyle interventions that slow down the progression of symptoms. Early testing can also help determine if someone’s cognitive changes are truly the result of Alzheimer’s or another condition.
Here are 10 warning signs listed by the Alzheimer’s Association1:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life: One of the most common signs of Alzheimer’s is forgetting recently learned information. Other symptoms include forgetting important dates or events; asking for the same information over and over; increasingly needing to rely on memory aids (e.g., reminder notes or electronic devices) or family members for things that used to be handled alone.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems: Some people may experience changes in their ability to develop and follow a plan or work with numbers. They may have trouble following a familiar recipe or keeping track of monthly bills. Focus may be lacking and simple tasks may take much longer to complete.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure: For example, sometimes people may get lost going to a familiar location, be unable to manage a budget at work or forget the rules of a favorite game.
- Confusion with time or place: People with Alzheimer’s find it difficult to track time. They may only understand something that is happening immediately. They may forget where they are or how they got there.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships: For some people, having vision problems is a sign of Alzheimer’s. They may have difficulty reading, judging distance and determining color or contrast.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing: Following or joining a conversation may become challenging. They may stop in the middle of a conversation and be unable to continue. They may say the same thing over and over. They may call things by the wrong name (e.g., calling a “watch” a “hand-clock”).
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps: A person with Alzheimer’s disease may put things in unusual places. They may lose things and be unable to retrace their steps to find them again. They may put things in unusual places (e.g., putting a wallet in the refrigerator). When they can’t find things, they may accuse others of stealing.
- Decreased or poor judgment: For example, they may use poor judgment when dealing with money, giving large amounts to telemarketers. Their appearance may suffer as they become less aware of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities: They may have trouble keeping up with a favorite sports team or remembering how to complete a favorite hobby. They may also avoid being social situations because of the changes they have experienced.
- Changes in mood and personality: There may be an increase in feelings of confusion, suspicion and depression as well as fearfulness or anxiety. They may be easily upset at home, at work, with friends or in unfamiliar places.
Alzheimer’s is not just a disease of the elderly. Many people with early onset are in their 30s, 40s and 50s. In the United States, it is estimated that approximately 200,000 people have early onset.2 But, can Alzheimer’s be prevented? There are no clear-cut answers yet, but promising research is under way. The Alzheimer’s Association continues to fund studies exploring the influence of exercise, diet, social and mental stimulation, and other factors in the development of Alzheimer’s.3
Common sense dictates that the earlier we participate in an Active Wellness lifestyle, the better our chances of maintaining a Healthy Body and a Healthy Mind. The Nikken line of Kenzen® organic nutritional supplements is the natural way to support the foundation of our health. A fermented blend of 100% organic ingredients formulated to help you stay focused and mentally sharp, Kenzen Clarity is designed to help maximize your cognitive function.*
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
In Japanese, the two characters that make up Kaizen—Kai and Zen—literally mean Change and Good. The character for Zen also means Kind. Kaizen therefore is the practice of continuous improvement, which results in the greater good. Originally introduced to the West in the 1980s, Kaizen now is recognized globally as an important aspect of organizational and corporate strategies for long-term success.
At Nikken, Team Kaizen members embody the concept of continuous improvement that helps not only the individual but also helps create a Healthy Society. Recipients of this award embody the spirit of Kaizen and are the role models for leadership with Nikken.
Although Kaizen is a competitive strategy in business, it is especially congruent with the Nikken approach to living a life of Active Wellness through the 5 Pillars of Health®—that is, to constantly seek improvement in the pursuit of Healthy Mind, Body, Family, Society and Finances.
Kaizen is based on certain guiding principles to manage and build a business:
- Good processes bring good results.
- Be personally and actively involved.
- Do the research so you can manage with concrete facts.
- Take action to contain and correct the root causes of problems.
- Work as a team.
Transfer these guiding principles to Team Kaizen and we have:
- Good work habits bring good results. Consistently retailing products and sponsoring new team members helps build checks.
- A good leader has a positive attitude.
- Becoming knowledgeable about Nikken products and income opportunity . leads to a strong belief in the Nikken Marketing Plan.
- When there are obstacles, overcome them. Find solutions, be a problem solver.
- Thrive in a team environment.
Kaizen is not just about building a successful Nikken business. It really is about personal growth, staying positive and ultimately, helping others.