Kaizen is a Japanese term meaning “continuous improvement through positive change.” Recipients of the Team Kaizen award exemplify the meaning of the word and have the opportunity to experience an extraordinary leadership position within Nikken.
In their pursuit of Active Wellness, 2018 Team Kaizen members had to create at least one Quality Enrollment every month of 2017 and develop four or more new frontline Silvers last year. One person who achieved this milestone was Sherri Danzig. As a Team Kaizen member, earlier this year she was treated to a trip of a lifetime to Japan. Here’s what she says about her plans to achieve Team Kaizen again in 2019:
“To qualify for Team Kaizen, you have to do one thing. You have to make a committed decision to accomplish the goal, no matter what conspires to get in your way. Beyond that, it’s helpful to have a mentor, an accountability partner, a mastermind team or even all three—to help you develop a plan, to work your plan and to revise your plan as you go along your journey. Beyond doing the work, you must nurture your belief and vision by staying plugged into company and field events. Most importantly, you must believe in the big version of yourself, what I call the Big Stick Figure (BSF), the version of yourself that believes everything you know is possible!
“I am currently working with three partners who each wish to qualify for Team Kaizen. Two of them are at the rank of Silver, working towards Platinum, and one is brand new. I also plan to support six new Consultants to break Silver this year. Together we’ll expand our online marketing success. I read affirmations multiple times daily and am making plans with family to meet me in Italy at the conclusion of our Team Kaizen trip to continue traveling!
“I am honored to represent Nikken as a member of Team Kaizen. I’m honestly proud of myself for keeping to my commitment and working through some tough self-imposed barriers. I feel empowered to keep growing as a business leader and to stay on a personal development path that is unending. My desire is to step up and stop hiding, to be recognized and embrace being a leader. With that, I will strive to have a bigger voice to make a bigger impact!”
Here is Sherri’s three-step plan for herself and anyone else who wants to be on Team Kaizen:
- Step up recruiting activities. Set specific weekly goals for number of new contacts and 1-on-1 appointments.
- Begin tracking progress on a large chart. Start with the finish and work backward.
- Visualize success. Write and say out loud the goal of being on Team Kaizen every day. Set a calendar event on repeat to remind yourself to smile and visualize your goal multiple times every day!
Most of us spend more time outdoors during the summer months, and hair takes a beating from being exposed to sun, wind and chlorine. Effective hair care requires a good shampoo and conditioner, but what about the water used to wash our hair?
Unfiltered water generally contains sediment, minerals and chemicals (such as chlorine) purported to clean the water system. None of these things is helpful in maintaining clean hair and a healthy scalp. What does make a huge difference is the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System. We normally think of water filters only in terms of clean drinking water, but the PiMag MicroJet Shower System effectively reduces chlorine exposure and makes shower water comparable in quality to filtered drinking water.
Year-round swimmers know what chlorine can do to hair. Depending on your natural hair color, ongoing chlorine exposure may transform it to various shades of yellow, green or blue while drying it out to the consistency of hay. Chlorine also tends to fade hair dye and highlights, increasing the cost of color maintenance. In a nutshell, the damage chlorine does to hair costs a lot of money to fix, and too much time if you decide to use the “grow it out and cut it off” method. It’s so much more cost-effective and practical to install the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System, which is far superior to other chlorine-reduction systems. Here’s how:
- Most other chlorine-reduction shower filters trap part of the chlorine or add other chemicals to counteract it (fighting poison with poison, so to speak). The PiMag MicroJet uses a reduction/oxidation process to convert free-radical chlorine ions to neutral chlorides. In addition, Nikken Magnetic Technology helps condition water without salt or other chemical additives. The magnetic field assists in reducing clumping to reduce mineral buildup.
- Even more effective filtration is achieved by patent-pending Air-Induction Technology, which injects air into the shower stream to create a higher air-to-water ratio. The result is a water stream that is less viscous and has less surface tension so it passes through the nozzle with decreased resistance, which helps maintain water pressure without requiring a higher flow rate.
• The PiMag MicroJet® nozzle releases streams of microbubbles within the water flow, producing an effective cleansing action that penetrates surface buildup of dirt and helps moisturize skin and scalp so they feel fresh and soft.
Here are some other Active Wellness hair care tips:
- Once you have washed your hair, try rinsing it out with cold water. The cold temperature constricts hair cuticles and makes the strands smoother and more reflective. It also prevents dirt from accumulating on the scalp and helps strength hair. The cold water rinse may leave your hair looking glossier and shinier.
- Before swimming, wet your hair with cold water so that it has already absorbed clean water and will then soak up less of the salt or chlorinated water. (Chlorine and salt water make hair frizzy.)
- After swimming, if you stay out in the sun or delay going to the shower, coat your hair with True Elements® Conditioner, as it will help prevent damage.
- Use True Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner regularly all year round and wash more frequently during summer months. They won’t strip hair of its natural oils or hurt the scalp’s protective barrier. Non-irritating to sensitive skin, True Elements® Hair Care does NOT contain commonly used chemical ingredients found in many name brands.
- Bring True Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner with you to the gym, the pool, and the beach.
- Drink lots of water. Dehydration has a direct impact on hair growth, and lack of hydration produces dry and brittle hair. It also may decrease the rate of growth.
From July 10 through July 16, get free ground shipping on the Hair & Skin Care Pack (item 18000) and the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System (Item 1466-hand held or 14662-wall mount) in Canada and the 48 contiguous states when you order them together. Orders must be called in to Distributor/Customer Services: US 800-669-8859, Canada 800-669-8890. Please note that the phone lines are inactive on Saturday and Sunday.