Kaizen is a Japanese term meaning “continuous improvement through positive change.” Recipients of the Team Kaizen award exemplify the meaning of the word and have the opportunity to experience an extraordinary leadership position within Nikken. This is the first in a series of profiles of the 2018 Team Kaizen members in pursuit of Active Wellness.
2018 Team Kaizen members had to create at least one Quality Enrollment every month of 2017 and develop four or more new frontline Silvers last year. Fulfilling these qualifications required unwavering motivation. Here’s how Kimball Sargent and Geoff Avery-Foy stayed motivated, in Kimball’s own words:
“First, we 100% committed to building this business and making it our primary income. The other was our burning desire to go to Japan. When we joined Nikken, the company had made a trip to Japan the year before and we were told there would be no more trips there. We were very sad about that. When we heard in January of 2017 that there was going to be a trip there, we decided failure was not an option.
“Every day my husband Geoff and I made at least five contacts or follow-ups. I am the person who is usually talking and meeting new people and he works hard on follow-up and providing support to our team. Regularly meeting new people and sharing the business as well as the products was essential.
“We needed a funnel of new people to introduce to the products and the business. I am a member of a BNI (business network international) group and another networking group. I attended these groups weekly and they provided me with new referrals on a weekly basis. This was crucial for us in bringing new people on the team.
“Working with our team members regularly was another key to our success. We spent the most time with the teammates who committed to going Silver and putting new people in front of us. The team is everything in this business and we are very grateful to everyone on our team who worked so hard and helped us achieve Team Kaizen.”
Already looking forward to qualifying for Team Kaizen 2019, Kimball says, “Geoff and I, along with our team, have decided that we are going to have a huge representation on Team Kaizen 2019. In 2005, I traveled to Italy to speak at a conference and my husband couldn’t afford to go. So I want to see Italy with him and we want to work with our teammates and earn the ultimate honor of being a part of Team Kaizen. The trip is amazing and maybe even better is getting to work with the other Kaizen members and the Nikken Leadership Team to promote the best networking company in the world. Reaching Team Kaizen 2018 let us know that we can achieve any goal that we set our minds to with Nikken, if we work consistently, have fun and don’t give up. The sky is the limit.”
Do you want to qualify for Team Kaizen? Here’s Kimball and Geoff’s 10-step plan to follow:
- Set your goal and your intention.
- Decide that failure is not an option.
- Create a visual that you will see daily that you have achieved the goal.
- Write your goal daily as if you have already achieved it, every morning first thing and every night before bed.
- Create a daily plan for contacting and following up with your new friends and your business partners and customers.
- Have regular events in your area.
- Attend the big events and bring your team members.
- Reach out to your sponsor and other successful Nikken Consultants for mentoring.
- Work with everyone on your team as if they were first level to you as long as they are working as hard as you do.
- Have fun, don’t give up and keep working until the goal is achieved.
Kimball says, “You can do this. You Can Do It!”