The dictionary defines “resolution” as “a firm decision to do or not to do something” as well as “the action of solving a problem, dispute or contentious matter.” This might be the time of year when some of us secretly feel disappointment for the goals we did not accomplish this year. Apparently 80% of new year resolutions fail by February!1
To prevent this from happening cyclically, we have to change our mindset and embrace discipline in a Zen kind of way. In other words, keep an open mind, get rid of biases and preconceived notions, set our goals for the new year, make the commitment, create an action plan, and then act on it. If we lapse, we need to forgive ourselves and get right back on that proverbial horse.
To make the coming year your best business year yet, you need to know why you’re in business with Nikken and what you’re willing to commit to in terms of sponsoring, retailing and mentoring. What were you focused on in 2017? Was it effective? What will you focus on in 2018?
Here are some suggestions to help you make 2018 your best Nikken year yet:
- Choose to believe in yourself and trust the company. Trust that you can do it and trust that Nikken is behind you all the way.
- Plan your day the night before. Make your to-do list and have it prioritized.
- Set aside a time every day to look over and manage your business on your myNikken Virtual Office. You need to know who your potential stars are and mentor them closely. You also need to encourage the forgetful ones to go on Autoship so they will never run out of product. Remember that there is Retail Autoship as well as Consultant Autoship.
- Incorporate the Everyday Weight Management Pack into your Active Wellness lifestyle. The Pack is not just about being at the right weight. It’s about good nutrition and a digestive tract that works efficiently. You are a walking advertisement, so stay physically and mentally fit.
- Resolve to be a role model and have a 30 to 60 second testimonial ready about how you’ve benefited from Nikken physically, mentally and financially. How can you sell anyone on product or business-building benefits if you don’t practice what you preach?
- Make sure you’re personally retailing at least 500 points monthly. (For example, retail just one Water Pack and you’re there, or an Everyday Weight Management Pack and you’re almost there.)
- Make it a point to follow up with your retail customers.
- Sponsor at least three people who are each committed to retailing 500 points a month. Show them how to earn by sponsoring their own three team members.
- A Wellness Home begins with you and what you put into your body. Build your own Wellness Home with Nikken products from the Nutrition, Water and Sleep categories. Teach your team members and new customers to do the same.
An old network marketing saying is “overanalysis is paralysis.” We tend to complicate work and life with too many ifs, ands or buts. Instead, we need to think things through, make solid decisions and follow through. There will always be good days and bad days, but the key is to stick to the plan. Speaking the right lingo is not enough, as actions make businesses grow. By taking the right actions consistently, you’ll be congratulating yourself for a year of achievement when next December comes rolling around!